Thursday, June 26, 2008

Cycle Eleven - Day 3

Wow! Cycle 11 - One more to go. Over the past six months, chemo had become a bit routine. One thing that I don't see as routine is Ellen's great support - she has been with me for all except one infusion (Lou subbed once) - now that consistency - fantastic. It seems like a hobby. And the bag thing is not just a hobby, it's a profession. I am a bag monitor. The fact that this all sucks is self evident. At least today is "disconnect" day and I won't be dragging the damn pump around the house. One more shot of "neut boost" in prep for last cycle. Wo' - last cycle no mo' chemo assuming I'm "cured". Otherwise - it gonna be super nasty. I am now wearing rubber wristbands - blue (MGH Cancer Center), purple (Power Port) and I guess I need to get the LiveStrong yellow band just for completeness. Rubber band for luck - we all need luck in life. I need a bunch of it. Don't forget George Carlin and Art Buchwald - comedic to the end. Laughing while dying - quite a skill. Sorry to bring the reader down. On an up-beat note, thanks to Suzi for the choco-chip cookies - mmmm!

No comments: