|Aşure with walnuts, pistachio and pomegranate|
July 18, 2015 - David Cohen
Recipe Template for Aşure:
Note: Not all ingredients are needed - the basic idea is to have at least one of each group: grain, legume, fruit , nut and spice. The dish can range from simple to quite elaborate.
Soften by soaking overnight - then boil about 400 ml water , add water as needed.
150 ml ~60 gms
Note: not all types are needed
~200 ml ~150 gms
Sweeten to taste
Spice to taste
|A bit dry at this point|
- Cook, or par-cook, each grain and legume separately.
- Combine for final cooking in a double- boiler. (~ 60 minutes)
- Add the spices to the combination..
- Add water if needed to keep the mix liquid.
- Add some diced, dry apricots or other fruit .
- Add sweeteners carefully, we don't want it too sweet.
- Taste in process. The mix should be soft but some body should remain. We are not making baby food. :)
|Add water as needed - note the use of the double-boiler|